Rants and Raves

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Currently I am looking for a good dentist and optometrist.

No offense to any Asians I know who may have chosen these professions, but I would never go to an Asian dentist or optometrist.

Why you ask? Well, because from my experience at Berkeley, I’d estimate that 90% of Asian dental and optometry applicants are medical school rejects.

I’m sure these people turn out to be great dentists and optometrists, but personally, I don’t want someone who chose dentistry or optometry as a substitute for medicine.

I want somebody who is actually passionate about teeth or eyes!

6 Comments:

  • if I remember correctly, Andy is very passionate about the eyes and objects near his eyes

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/12/2005 8:19 AM  

  • i dont know if asians are the only ones who chose dentistry or optometry cuz they couldnt do medicine. im sure there are plenty of ppl of other colors who have done it for the same reason. also, just b/c u didnt want to do it at first doesnt mean u dont like it now… :p

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/12/2005 8:20 AM  

  • dang, so sensitive… what are you, asian or something?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/12/2005 8:20 AM  

  • I swear by the berkeley optometry clinic. If a super careful optometry student didn't look carefully, I might be blind today from retina detachment. He was Asian. All my previous optometrists were non-Asian, and never noticed that I had retina detachment in both my eyes.
    Not that race has anything to do with a person's ability to perform a task, but here are my 2 cents, since we're making generalizations based on race

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/12/2005 8:20 AM  

  • don't forget that they are students and if they do a bad job, they'll fail. but yes, the students at the school do a good job.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/12/2005 8:20 AM  

  • update please!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/12/2005 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home