It’s a small, small world
Last week I received an email from a “friend” I’ve known since elementary school. Do acquaintances become friends after knowing them for over 10 years? Anyway, I haven’t seen or heard from this person since high school. He happened to be forwarded an email I was copied on. It turns out his consulting firm was hired by my healthcare organization to help on a strategic planning project. The funny thing is, just weeks ago, my mom was asking if anyone knew anything about what this guy was doing now. And now I will be working with him for probably the next five months. Too bad we were never really friends. He’s not the most friendly or sociable guy. You’d think consulting would make him more outgoing. Oh well, this just goes to show, it’s good not to have enemies. You never know who you’ll run into again down the road.
Last week I received an email from a “friend” I’ve known since elementary school. Do acquaintances become friends after knowing them for over 10 years? Anyway, I haven’t seen or heard from this person since high school. He happened to be forwarded an email I was copied on. It turns out his consulting firm was hired by my healthcare organization to help on a strategic planning project. The funny thing is, just weeks ago, my mom was asking if anyone knew anything about what this guy was doing now. And now I will be working with him for probably the next five months. Too bad we were never really friends. He’s not the most friendly or sociable guy. You’d think consulting would make him more outgoing. Oh well, this just goes to show, it’s good not to have enemies. You never know who you’ll run into again down the road.

1 Comments:
very very true!
By
Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 9:56 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home