I finally realized what I hate about work – that it is constant. It will never end. School would always come and go. You have semesters, you have years. You can graduate, you move on. You always have something to look forward to. You can tell yourself, I just have to get through two more months, then I will be done with this class. I just have to get through two more weeks, then it will be summer vacation.
You don't have that with work. You will finish a project every now and then. You may get a day off here or there. But it will always be back. Day in and day out. Even if you move to another job. It will still be there everyday. Until you retire. And that's not for another 30 years at least.
I may have to go into teaching, just for the sense of completion each semester and year. But I really don't want to go back to school for my Ph.D. Ironic, ain't it? And no, I don't want to teach elementary school or high school. I don't have the patience. Just college students please, thank you very much.
On another note, I just realized that I like watching TV (usually the news) in the morning when I get ready for work and at night when I get ready for bed because I can just listen and not think about what I have to do. I stress myself out too easily thinking about things I need to do and the time I don't have to do them.
You don't have that with work. You will finish a project every now and then. You may get a day off here or there. But it will always be back. Day in and day out. Even if you move to another job. It will still be there everyday. Until you retire. And that's not for another 30 years at least.
I may have to go into teaching, just for the sense of completion each semester and year. But I really don't want to go back to school for my Ph.D. Ironic, ain't it? And no, I don't want to teach elementary school or high school. I don't have the patience. Just college students please, thank you very much.
On another note, I just realized that I like watching TV (usually the news) in the morning when I get ready for work and at night when I get ready for bed because I can just listen and not think about what I have to do. I stress myself out too easily thinking about things I need to do and the time I don't have to do them.

1 Comments:
grass is greener - i wish i could be working right now. so i wouldnt have to deal w/ tests and essays…
u could always start your own business. that way u can take vacations anytime u want :)
By
Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 9:57 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home