update from my dad:
Dear Aileen,
I want to give you an update on Shiao-Hei. We buried him at his favorite spot in our back yard this morning. I excavated a hole about 30" deep, 30" long, and 24" wide. The top of his box is now about 20" below the ground. We included your blue blanket in his box. This was his favorite material. He always sat on it when he was on the kitchen chair. We also included his long leash and a piece of paper with his name on it (in English and Chinese). We think that his resting place is really nice now. We faced him towards the house, so we can see each other every time we look out of the dining room window.
The ground was very hard when I excavated his plot. I had to use a chisel and hammer to dig out the soil. We knew that Shiao-Hei would have approved of it. As you know, he always considered us as his "servants", so I am sure that the work I performed to get his resting place ready was just another part of my "duties". Oh well, I was glad to do it. He was such a wonderful member of our family!!!
Your BABA
Dear Aileen,
I want to give you an update on Shiao-Hei. We buried him at his favorite spot in our back yard this morning. I excavated a hole about 30" deep, 30" long, and 24" wide. The top of his box is now about 20" below the ground. We included your blue blanket in his box. This was his favorite material. He always sat on it when he was on the kitchen chair. We also included his long leash and a piece of paper with his name on it (in English and Chinese). We think that his resting place is really nice now. We faced him towards the house, so we can see each other every time we look out of the dining room window.
The ground was very hard when I excavated his plot. I had to use a chisel and hammer to dig out the soil. We knew that Shiao-Hei would have approved of it. As you know, he always considered us as his "servants", so I am sure that the work I performed to get his resting place ready was just another part of my "duties". Oh well, I was glad to do it. He was such a wonderful member of our family!!!
Your BABA

2 Comments:
Awww! What a great dad!
By
Anonymous, at 10/08/2005 7:50 PM
You have my condolences.
By
Anonymous, at 10/08/2005 7:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home