Alright, my internet is finally up and running. And I’m pretty much all settled into my new apartment. I ended up getting a 3rd floor 1 bedroom apartment (actually 4th floor since it’s terrace, 1st, 2nd, 3rd) with a view of my old dorm (which is quite pretty). I bought a queen-size (cheaper than a full) European pillow-top bed (which is super comfortable!), nightstand, bookshelf, desk, and chair. I just need a small sofa and coffee table now.
I start work on Monday and I have lots of meetings set up already. I really going to miss all the long holiday breaks we got as students. My last winter break was nice and relaxing. I got to spend a lot of time with my parents. We went to California to visit my grandparents and aunt and uncle. It was the first time we were all together for Christmas. But the best part was stopping at In ‘n Out. :-P
I really miss all the great restaurants in California, like San Tung, Superior, Burma Superstar, and of course, La Burrita. Haha, now I’m hungry. I’m gonna go make some dinner. Do you guys know any good, simple recipes? I need to eat in more..and work out more..
I start work on Monday and I have lots of meetings set up already. I really going to miss all the long holiday breaks we got as students. My last winter break was nice and relaxing. I got to spend a lot of time with my parents. We went to California to visit my grandparents and aunt and uncle. It was the first time we were all together for Christmas. But the best part was stopping at In ‘n Out. :-P
I really miss all the great restaurants in California, like San Tung, Superior, Burma Superstar, and of course, La Burrita. Haha, now I’m hungry. I’m gonna go make some dinner. Do you guys know any good, simple recipes? I need to eat in more..and work out more..

7 Comments:
spaghetti - that is, sauce and noodles. yum.
By
Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 9:30 AM
…and call andy more… and love andy more… and listen to andy more…
By
Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 9:31 AM
give me a ring aileen, and i'll fill your brain with recipes!
that, or just watch rachel ray's 30 minute meals :D (i've never tried any of her recipes though)
By
Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 9:31 AM
my humble contribution in terms of quickie food…
1. Veggies: see what's on sale and get that. if no good veggies are on sale, get something like broccoli and spinach. Go home, wash and prep veggie as needed. Smash up a couple of cloves of garlic, heat up oil in little pan. When oil is hot enough, dump in garlic, saute until slightly golden and then dump in veggie. If veggies start to burn, add water. Add some salt to taste. That's it. If you want it easier, steam the veggie and add salt after it's cooked.
2. Meat: cut in to slices after defrosting. Marinate in soy sauce, wine, sugar, sesame seed oil, and garlic/shallots for a couple of hours (longer is better). Proportions are relative, but don't add too much soy sauce or sugar, because if its too salty or sweet, it's hard to salvage. Saute like the veggie.
This is probably why most of my cooking tastes the same, but oh well. =P Congrats on the job and the new apt!
By
Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 9:31 AM
simply put, ann is awesome.
By
Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 9:31 AM
Andy, did you catch the last line? It's a miracle!
(Just Kidding Ailene. Say hi to Mr. B for me)
By
Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 9:32 AM
i still don't understand how you can't spell her name right.
By
Anonymous, at 10/11/2005 9:32 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home